Friday, May 21, 2010

Timothy

 ~~ Me & Timothy ~~

I have previously blogged about my little brother Timothy. He died 2 months before his 2nd birthday; when I was 18. I found this website:  continulife.com through another blogger: Jenn Sue Wild 
over at: http://lipstickandlaundry.blogspot.com/. Jenn created a memorial for her son, William. So I opened my own account at continulife.com to create a memorial for Timothy - to give to my Mother.
Timothy died 20 years ago today.  Every year, on this day, I do something special for my Mother to let her know that I'm thinking about her and that I haven't forgotten Timothy. For the first 10 years after Timothy died, I sent her a card on May 21st. I never mentioned Timothy in the card - but she always knew anyway. It was just a "I'm think about you" kind of card and telling her I loved her. After 10 years I stopped doing that and just called her on the phone to tell her I loved her or did something else for her. Last year I attached fake flowers to pens using green fabric tape and then put them in a short glass vase filled with rocks and gave it to her. It looked kind of like this one:
...and this year I'm giving her this website: Timothy. Please click the link and let me know what you think and please feel free to leave a Rose for Timothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment